- Bachelor's Degree from an approved, accredited school
- Completion of the required prerequisite courses
- Basic computer literacy
- GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Completion of the Centralized Nursing Application (Nursing CAS)
- One official transcript from each college or university attended
- Three professional recommendations related to academics and work (paid and volunteer)
- Resume describing the nature, scope and areas of responsibility of all work experience including any volunteer or paid healthcare related experience
- Minimum 100 hours as a volunteer in a hospital setting observing registered nurses in practice
- Interview (only qualified applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview based on initial review of their application)
- Evidence of specified immunizations and screening tests, recent physical examination, and BLS (CPR) certification if admitted into the program
- International applicants must meet additional requirements for admission http://www.sandiego.edu/admissions/graduate/international/
The application deadline is November 1. All materials must be submitted by this date.
The following nursing prerequisites must be completed prior to beginning the Master's Entry Program in Nursing. A minimum grade of "B" is required in the science prerequisites.
Psychology (Introduction, General or Developmental)
Cultural Anthropology or Introduction to Sociology
*Courses must include a lab. Human Anatomy and Human Physiology may be combined courses or two separate courses: Human Anatomy, Human Physiology or Human Anatomy & Physiology I and Human Anatomy & Physiology II.