Friday, October 11, 2013
San Diego (October 11, 2013) – University of San Diego (USD) School of Law alumnus Erik Greupner, ’04 (JD), took the top honor at the annual San Diego Business Journal General Counsel Awards last night in La Jolla. Greupner, general counsel for the San Diego Padres, was given the 2013 Exemplary Award.
Among the 2013 list of 57 finalists, USD School of Law alumni captured 11 spots. The full list of USD recipients is provided below.
The San Diego Business Journal conducts a peer-nominated process to determine leading corporate counsel in San Diego County. Eligible are San Diego County corporate counsel who are licensed in the State of California and/or the federal patent bench.
Exemplary Award Winner
- Erik Greupner, ’04 (JD), San Diego Padres
USD School of Law Alumni Finalists
- Kevin Cahill, ‘84 (JD), Scripps Research Institute
- Lewis Ensley, ‘02 (JD), Balfour Beatty Construction LLC
- Shaka Johnson, ‘03 (JD), Sony Electronics Inc.
- Mike Pfeiffer, ’85 (JD), Realty Income Corp.
- Bronwyn Savary, ‘96 (JD), Verimatrix, Inc.
- Emebet Selassie, ’06 (JD), MedImpact Healthcare Systems
- Ric Shwisberg, ‘81 (JD), MKS Residential
- Cynthia Stratton, ’96 (JD), Meals-on-Wheels Greater San Diego, Inc.
- Dennis Stryker, ’85 (LLM), Rick Engineering Company
- Rebecca Weinrib, ’11 (JD), Eddy Pump Corporation
Other USD Alumni Finalists
- JT Taylor, ’07 (MS), Websense, Inc.
- Brad Young, ’03 (MBA), SANYO North America Corp.
About the University of San Diego School of Law
Recognized for the excellence of its faculty, curriculum and clinical programs, the University of San Diego (USD) School of Law enrolls approximately 900 Juris Doctor and graduate law students from throughout the United States and around the world. The law school is best known for its offerings in the areas of business and corporate law, constitutional law, intellectual property, international and comparative law, public interest law, and taxation.
USD School of Law is one of the 81 law schools elected to the Order of the Coif, a national honor society for law school graduates. The law school’s faculty is a strong group of outstanding scholars and teachers with national and international reputations and currently ranks 23rd worldwide in all-time faculty downloads on the Social Sciences Research Network (SSRN). The school is accredited by the American Bar Association and is a member of the Association of American Law Schools. Founded in 1954, the law school is part of the University of San Diego, a private, nonprofit, independent, Roman Catholic university chartered in 1949.