The Office of Career and Professional Development has developed a comprehensive series of career guides covering resume and cover letter preparation, networking, interviewing, salary negotiation, and many more topics listed below.
USD Law students and alumni have access to all Career and Professional Development guides via USD' s password-protected Symplicity system. If you are an enrolled law student or a graduate, to access the guides, log onto Symplicity, click on Resources. If you are not registered in Symplicity, view the registration instructions.
Career Development and the Job Search
The following guides can be found in Symplicity.
- Resumes for Law Careers
- LLMC Resume Guide
- Job Search Correspondence
- Interview Preparation and Questions
- Writing Samples
- Networking Guide
- Professional Organizations and Specialty Bars
- Legal Professionalism
- Legal Recruiter
- Intellectual Property Law Career Resources
- First-year Introduction to Law Career Development
- Advance Your Job Search Over Winter Break
- San Diego’s Small and Mid-sized Firms
- Judicial Clerkship Overview Application Procedures