Working in the public interest arena includes several areas of law including non-profit, government, legislative, and advocacy organizations. Students at USD School of Law have access to the “Public Interest Agencies” guide through Symplicity. This guide lists all the non-profits doing legal work in San Diego County. This list is updated on a regular basis.
In addition, USD law students have access to a variety of resources to assist their work in the public interest arena. This includes:
- PSJD, a website listing public service jobs and resources.
- Idealist, a website for students dedicated to public service to connect with jobs, people, organizations.
One Justice, a website committed to involving law students in pro bono work
- Equal Justice Works USD Law sends several students each year to the EJW conference and Career Fair. In addition, several law school graduates have been prestigious EJW Fellows in recent years. If you are interested in working on a fellowship application for EJW, please stop by the Office of Career and Professional Development.
- Loan Repayment Assistance Program (LRAP)
- Summer Community Service Grants