Thank you to all who attended the
11th Annual Technology Showcase!
Friday, February 5, 2016 | UC Forums
Please help us to plan and improve next year's event by
taking this short survey
Mark your calendars for February 10, 2017!
Keynote Speaker: Chad Kainz
"The Complete Package:
Whether we notice it or not, technology is embedded into everything we do and influences the way we work, interact and learn. Our expectations have been altered by immediacy of communication, streams of information, and consumer-centric services that we engage with every day. Students flow through campuses with heightened assumptions influenced by the technological world that surrounds them—a world increasingly defined by placing people and what they want to achieve at the center of the technology ecosystem that envelops them. A growing number of colleges and universities are examining the complete package—learning, teaching, and the student experience—and rethinking how they scaffold and promote student success. This keynote will share observations and perspectives regarding the technology ecosystem and its impact on learning and teaching, and the emerging holistic approach toward student retention and success.
Why should faculty members attend the Technology Showcase?
- Enjoy highlights of faculty using technology in teaching/learning and research. Speakers will be sharing:
- How they are integrating technology into curriculum
- Innovative implementations of technology
- Catch demonstrations of technology used in teaching/learning and available on our campus
- Find out what kinds of Academic Technology Resources are available in support of teaching/learning/research
- New faculty, visit our mock classroom to get hands-on instruction with the technology in your room!
Other reasons to attend:
- Keynote speaker and luncheon - Chad Kainz, Principal Strategist, Enterprise Consulting at Blackboard, Inc.
- Exhibit Hall - Explore various and many technologies and new products
- Networking opportunities, food, drinks, and prizes!
- Apply to one of our special initiatives: Summer Innovation Institute (SII) '16, iPad Classroom Project, and Student Technology Assistant (STA) Program will be open to interested faculty members at this time!
Call for Presentations is Now Closed!
Thank you to all who took the time to nominate a colleague! Nominees will be notified in early January to confirm participation, topic, and time slots.
Example presentation topics may include (but are not limited to):
- Effective use of a product adopted and used in teaching
- A technique used to increase student collaboration and engagement
- Flipped Classroom
- Mobile device or particular app found useful in curriculum
- Effective use and/or integration of multimedia assignments
- Blackboard course design
- Highlighting your experience in one of the IT initiatives (STA/iPad/SII)
The following exhibitors and sponsors have been invited:
Apple | Dropbox | HP/PCM | Thomson Reuters (EndNote) | USD Torero Store | Adobe | Dell | Cisco | Blackboard | |WolfVision i>Clicker | Steelcase | BKM | Southland Technology | AMX | Sonic Foundry (Mediasite) | Examsoft | CrashPlan | Aruba Networks | Absolute | Epson | Sharp USA | Lenovo | HARMAN | IBM Watson
Presented by: Academic Technology Services