Qualtrics is a powerful survey building tool that is highly customizable and easy to use. With Qualtrics, you can design and distribute surveys, manage the responses, track the participants, and analyze the data, all in an easy to navigate web-based interface.
Information Technology Services in partnership with several units on campus has been able to obtain Qualtrics for institutional use. In an effort to facilitate research, teaching and departmental needs, Qualtrics was identified as a leader amongst survey tool applications and was evaluated by our team and determined to be an effective, flexible and powerful application, suitable and adaptable for many types of data collection and analysis.
An "opt-in" licence program is available and is a full featured web based survey tool called Qualtrics. If you have been using Survey Monkey or LimeSurvey in the past, you now have the option to switch and use Qualtrics. This tool allows users to design online survey instruments, distribute, collect and analyze data and create custom reports.
Why Qualtrics?Product highlights include:
- Extremely easy to use, including a survey building wizard
- Long list of advanced features
- Customized institutional branding
- Realtime, flexible reporting output, download to Excel
- Over 100 question types to choose from
- Supports the inclusion of video, graphics and rich media
- Automatically tracks invitations and reminders via email
- Numerous sample surveys to use as examples or templates
- Support site that is rich in tutorials and self-paced on-demand training
Who can use Qualtrics at USD?
- Qualtrics is available to current faculty, students, and staff.
- Current USD community members must have a USD One username and password as well as obtain the approval of their Division Administrator.
Data Security Restrictions
- USD community may use Qualtrics to store and transmit Restricted and Confidential Data.