This is the authentication system that underlies login to web-based systems, which enables access to protected web pages and web applications. Secure web sites at USD require account holders to login with their MySanDiego ID and password. MySanDiego Central Authentication Service (CAS) as one method of providing account holders with secure access to web systems.
Student, Staff, Faculty (including departments and workgroups)
Provides users with secure access to web resources and systems as opposed to public web resources.
Requriements vary depending upon individual's role and position at the University. For example, Web Authentication for the USD Board of Trustees web site requires that one be a Board member.
Data security restrictions
May be used to protect prohibited, restricted, and confidential data, as defined by USD Information Technology Services.
How to use
When you encounter a secure web site or web form that requires web authentication, you will be prompted for your MySanDiego username and password
For more information about University Web Authentication, contact the Web Services team: email@example.com or call the ITS Help Desk at (619) 260-7900.
To learn how to restrict access to web-based resources, see Web Development Single Sign-on at: www.sandiego.edu/webdev/coding/sso/ . To secure web resources within the MySanDiego portal, please contact the portal team at: MySanDiego@sandiego.edu or call the ITS Help Desk at (619) 260-7900.
Web Authentication (Single Sign-on) Knowledge Base Articles
- ID Numbers and Computing Accounts (MySanDiego Accounts)
- How to access course evaluations
- For students: How to grant access to an authorized user
- New USD Registration Utilities
- I am an international student and am unable to create an account on MySanDiego.
- MySanDiego Portal Troubleshooting
- New Employee or Non-employee (Consultant) Account Creation Process
- How do I register for a different term?
- Remove Parent Authorizations
- MySanDiego Portal - Pin # and User ID Error
- Faculty: How to access previously submitted grades
- How-to submit grades using the MySanDiego Portal
- Senior Tab Not Showing in Portal
- Error connection to beis.sandiego.edu:7007 when trying to register
- Can I Change My USD Username?
- Where do I find the Freshman Advising Questionnaire?
- I forgot my MySanDiego account password. How can I reset it?
- What does my MySanDiego account give me access to?
- I know my password, but would like to change it...Do I have to call the Help Desk?
- I'm a Continuing Education student. Why can't I view my transcripts online?
- Where can I find something in the new MySanDiego Portal?
- My Financial Aid package says I'm a Law student - why?
- Username/PIN Message in MySanDiego
- How do I set up an account on MySanDiego or create my E-mail account?
- Parent Portal
- Directory Service (LDAP)