Qualtrics (Survey Tool)
Qualtrics is a powerful survey-building tool that is highly customizable and easy to use. With Qualtrics, you can design and distribute surveys, manage the responses, track the participants, and analyze the data, all in an easy-to-navigate web-based interface. The survey tool is available at http://www.sandiego.edu/qualtrics/ Note that the process and procedures for using Qualtrics are controlled through the division administrator.
To learn more about Qualtrics, click here
What is Qualtrics?
Qualtrics is a web based, surveying software that enables users without coding knowledge to develop, publish, and collect responses to surveys. Qualtrics offers many advanced, but user-friendly features such as:
• Easy survey design with question libraries, point-and-click editing, automatic choices, and question randomization
• Comprehensive list of question types including pick, group & rank, drill down, rank order, heat map and hot spots
• Distribution & Panel Management
Why Qualtrics? Product highlights include:
• Extremely easy to use, including a survey building wizard
• Long list of advanced features
• Customized institutional branding
• Real-time, flexible reporting output, download to Excel
• Over 100 question types to choose from
• Supports the inclusion of video, graphics and rich media
• Automatically tracks invitations and reminders via email
• Numerous sample surveys to use as examples or templates
• Support site that is rich in tutorials and self-paced on-demand training
Must have a MySanDiego username and password as well as the approval of a Division Administrator:
www.sandiego.edu/qualtrics/getting_qualtrics.php to develop and deliver a Qualtrics survey.
Data security restrictions
May be used to store and transmit Restricted and Confidential Data
How to use
Account login problems are supported through the Help Desk. If you are experiencing access problems (not able to create your Qualtrics account), please contact the help desk at 619-260-7900 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
All other support for Qualtrics is provided by the vendor by going to www.qualtrics.com/university
When logged in to your Qualtrics account, you can use the Help and Tutorials link to access extensive online training materials. Email and phone contact information for individual support is also provided.
Free for Divisions that have contributed to the enterprise costs of Qualtrics (SOLES, SBA, Institutional Research, Student Affairs, Academic Affairs, ITS, CAS, and Law School). Fees are negotiated for use by groups in Divisions that did not contribute to the cost of the Qualtrics license.
A quick start guide to Qualtrics is listed at: www.sandiego.edu/qualtrics/qualtrics_quickstart.php
In addition Qualtrics is controlled through various Division Administrators. To learn how to register for and use the Qualtrics survey tool, see Setting Up a Qualtrics Account at this link: www.sandiego.edu/qualtrics/getting_qualtrics.php
Qualtrics (Survey Tool) Knowledge Base Articles
- AdvanceWeb Information
- Torero Card
- Auxiliary Services Administrative Systems
- Informational: Parchment system for Alumni Transcripts
- Simplicity - Law School Career Services Management System
- Examsoft: Instructions for purchasing access
- Lexis Nexis
- USD Staff Directory Management
- Requesting an ID number/account for a non USD employee
- Torero Card photo file size limit
- ExamSoft Support Resources
- Getting started with Dropbox for Business
- "Application Blocked by Deployment Rule Set" error message
- I am a spouse/dependent of a resident student or employee, how do I get access to campus services?
- Why am I unable to run AppWorx?
Information Technology Services
University Center 117
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-7900
Help Desk at University Center 117
- Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday - CLOSED