Faculty, staff, and students are assigned a University ID number and choose a username and password. Limited-access prospective student and guest accounts are also available for eligible University affiliates and campus visitors. MySanDiego accounts provide credentials that allow authorized users to gain access to various computing resources and services - for example, access to the University MySanDiego portal, USD Secure Wi_Fi, Blackboard LMS, etc.
Student, Staff, Faculty, Alumni
A university ID number is required for all faculty, staff, and students. Faculty and staff must have an active assignment in University of San Diego's Human Resource System to receive their ID number. Students are assigned their university ID number once accepted and deposited to the University of San Diego.
Data security restrictions
Unless authorized by the university's Information Technology Services department, user IDs and passwords may not, under any circumstances, be shared with or used by persons other than those to whom they have been assigned by the university, per University of San Diego Policy 2.5.1: Policy G21
For more information about University ID numbers, account creation and passwords, contact the ITS Helpdesk at (619) 260-7900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
After receiving your university Banner ID number, you may create a university computing account by visiting the MySanDiego portal: my.sandiego.edu/ Select "Open an Account." You will be prompted for the last seven digits of your Banner ID number, last digits of your social security number and date of birth.
ID Numbers and Computing Accounts (MySanDiego Accounts) Knowledge Base Articles
- Web Authentication (Single Sign-on)
- New USD Registration Utilities
- I am an international student and am unable to create an account on MySanDiego.
- MySanDiego Portal Troubleshooting
- How to access course evaluations
- New Employee or Non-employee (Consultant) Account Creation Process
- For students: How to grant access to an authorized user
- Remove Parent Authorizations
- How-to submit grades using the MySanDiego Portal
- Faculty: How to access previously submitted grades
- MySanDiego Portal - Pin # and User ID Error
- How do I register for a different term?
- How do I set up an account on MySanDiego or create my E-mail account?
- Where do I find the Freshman Advising Questionnaire?
- Can I Change My USD Username?
- Error connection to beis.sandiego.edu:7007 when trying to register
- Where can I find something in the new MySanDiego Portal?
- Senior Tab Not Showing in Portal
- My Financial Aid package says I'm a Law student - why?
- I forgot my MySanDiego account password. How can I reset it?
- What does my MySanDiego account give me access to?
- I know my password, but would like to change it...Do I have to call the Help Desk?
- I'm a Continuing Education student. Why can't I view my transcripts online?
- Username/PIN Message in MySanDiego
- What determines my class standing for registration?
- Parent Portal
- Directory Service (LDAP)