Backup and Recovery Service (Servers)
Backup and recovery Service is a convenient, cost-effective way to back up and recover crucial data on servers. USD offers disk-to-disk and disk-to-tape solutions. The service utilizes CommVault 9 with a one-year retention policy of backups of all critical data; USD provides a 4-hour turnaround recovery time per ISO, HIPPA and FERPA requirements.
Service is managed by NISS systems architects. Restricted to servers located in USD data centers.
Data security restrictions
May only be used to backup university-restricted and confidential data on servers located in USD data centers. Backups and recovery are managed through NISS systems architects.
The backup service is monitored 24x7 for performance and component failures. Storage systems personnel are alerted to failures and respond to alerts. NISS Systems Architects are responsible for the support of backup and recovery services.
Free of charge
To request backup and recovery services of server information, contact email@example.com or call the ITS Help Desk at (619) 260-7900.
Backup and Recovery Service (Servers) Knowledge Base Articles
- Network Storage
- Tape Storage
- Personal Home Drive
- USD Mapped Drives release notes
- "Initializing root folder to display" error
- Faculty Network Storage
- My Network drives are missing or access is denied? What can I do?
- How can I get access to my department's shared drive?
- How do I connect to my shared drives on a Mac?
Information Technology Services
University Center 117
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-7900
Help Desk at University Center 117
- Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday - CLOSED