The University of San Diego has a large, robust wireless network for our students, staff, faculty, and alumni. Wireless access to the university's online resources is available across campus, including academic and administrative buildings, dining facilities, residence halls, athletics facilities, and some outdoor spaces.
If you are a guest to the university, please learn about our 'usdguest' wireless network.
Student, Staff, Faculty, Alumni
To connect to the 'usdsecure' network, you must have a valid USDOne username and password. Your computer, tablet or mobile device must support 802.11a, 802.11g, 802.11n, or 802.11ac and must be on our supported devices list. You can see our supported device list at www.sandiego.edu/its/kb/39150
Data security restrictions
Users are encouraged not to transmit prohibited, restricted, or confidential data, unless using an encrypted protocol or service such as VPN.
Should users run into problems during the process, or should they simply want some hands-on direction into the “usdsecure” network, you can come into the ITS Help Desk in UC 117 and we will be glad to help. In most cases, problems can be solved by updating wireless drivers, confirming device settings, and moving the device to 'usdsecure' network.
If you experience problems with more than the software, the ITS Help Desk techs will collaborate with the campus Network Team in order to assess what the underlying problem truly is.
Connect your device to the 'usd' network, then log in to get started. Once you've logged in, visit the secureconnect website at secureconnect.sandiego.edu/ and follow the steps to be moved automatically to the 'usdsecure' network. All USD users should use the 'usdsecure' network exclusively.
Wireless Access (usdsecure) Knowledge Base Articles
- Supported and unsupported devices on USD's wireless network
- Accessing usdsecure on OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion and 10.9 Mavericks
- Minimum Wireless Drivers for the USD Wireless Network
- Wireless Card Interference
- Connecting to the Network with a Corporate-Owned Computer
- How-to Configure a computer for SecureConnect (Secure Wireless)
- How-to connect my iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad to the usdsecure wireless network
- Connecting an Android-based device to usdsecure
- How-to connect to 'usdsecure' wireless on campus
- Connecting to Our 'usdsecure' Wireless Network for Mac OS 10.7 (Lion)
- How-to change a Centrino N-1030 Power Setting to Improve Wireless
- How do I manually configure my device for 'usdsecure'?
- How fast should download and upload speeds be at USD?
- Is there wireless network access on campus?
- I can't get any wireless signal in my area/room.
- Installing Secureconnect for Windows