Resources for Parents

Helpful Links

Roommate Issues

If your son or daughter expresses concern about his or her roommate being involved with alcohol and/or other drugs in their shared room, or in a way that has a negative affect on your son/daughter, it may be helpful for you to encourage him/her to talk with the roommate.  If talking with the roommate does not solve the problem, then encourage your son/daughter to contact his or her Resident Assistant (RA) or Community Director (CD), the Center for Health & Wellness Promotion, or a trusted administrator for help.

If your son/daughter is concerned about alcohol and/or other drugs being consumed in a neighboring room or someplace on the floor, he/she can also contact the RA on duty.

You may also review the following policies: