Institutional Research and Planning serves as a resource for many facts and stats about the university. The office produces many of the official statistics for federal reporting and surveys sent by professional agencies, guidebook publishers, and other external constituents.
Data files extracted from student and employee databases on a regular schedule provide reliable trend information about demographics, enrollment, retention, graduation, salaries, and other topics of interest. Institutional Research and Planning works closely with university administrators, faculty, and students to answer questions, provide data, and conduct analyses.
- "USD Facts" gives a summary overview of the university.
- "Quick Facts" provides information about a variety of topics including current enrollment, aid and expenses, and student success.
- "Common Data Set" is a collection of survey data used by guidebook publishers.
- "Undergraduate Profile" provides information about the undergraduate student body.
- "Student Consumer Information" is a set of links for prospective students and their parents.