Meet with an advisor.

Do you have questions about which classes to take; need to choose, declare or change your major in engineering; want to review your progress; or just need some advice? Here's how to go about it.

Prospective Students

Prospective students not yet attending USD can learn more on the following pages:

Current Students

Meet with your advisor

Contact your assigned faculty advisor to schedule an advising meeting. Your advisor:

  • was assigned to you as your instructor for ENGR 101 if you enrolled in your program as a freshman, or
  • was assigned to you when you declared your engineering major as a sophomore-level student or higher

If you don't have an assigned faculty advisor, email our academic advisor at

Sam Przywitowski

Sam Przywitowski

Academic Advisor, Shiley-Marcos School of Engineering

Belanich Engineering Center 340
(619) 260-2947

Declare your major

Current USD students may declare a major in USD's Shiley-Marcos School of Engineering using the online form. Here you can declare your major, add or remove a minor, or change your catalog year.

Review your degree progress

Current students can also see their degree progress (including transferred courses) using the DegreeWorks platform. Review this before meeting with your faculty advisor.