Mechanical Engineering Approved Electives
Four courses required (12 credits)
The following courses are approved as major electives:
- MATH 311 Applied Mathematics for Science and Engineering
- MGMT 304 Entrepreneurship and New Venture
- ENGR 465 Forensic Engineering
- ELEC: any 300 or 400 level course (prereqs apply), except ELEC 491W, 492.
- ISYE: any 300 or 400 level course (prereqs apply), except ISyE 330, 350, 391W, 492.
- MENG 380 Kinematics & Design of Machinery
- MENG 410 Alternative Energy Systems
- MENG 420 Computer Applications in ME*
- MENG 445 Intro to Robotics
- MENG 460 System Dynamics and Vibrations
- MENG 462 Topics in Fluid Mechanics*
- MENG 465 Computational Fluid Dynamics*
- MENG 470 Finite Element Analysis*
- MENG 494: These are special topics that change each semester. Past offerings have included:
- Intro to Design Optimization*
- Product Design Using Six Sigma
- Intro to Electronic Packaging
- Mechanics of Polymers
- Intro to Biomechancs
- Other Courses *
One course required (3 credits)
The following courses are approved as simulation electives*:
- MENG 420 Computer Applications in ME
- MENG 462 Topics in Fluid Mechanics
- MENG 470 Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- MENG 465 Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- MENG 494 Intro to Design Optimization
Other courses are subject to approval by Dr. Huang.
* All approved simulation electives are also approved as professional electives, but coursework does not double-count. For example, if a student takes MENG 410, MENG 470, and MENG 494 CFD, either of the latter two courses may count as the simulation elective. The other two would count as the professional electives.