Petition to Transfer Credits

Need advising on transferring credits from a community college or other university? Your advisor or the Undergraduate Admissions department can help.

How to Petition to Transfer Credit:

  • Current students who are looking to transfer credits to the University of San Diego should access the "Transfer Credit Processing" section of their "MyAcademic" tabs of the MySanDiego portal.
  • In the portal, students will be able to search for course equivalencies based on institutions and USD course number.

Transfer Requirements

  • No online courses accepted
  • Courses taken as Pass/Fail are not accepted
  • Any transferred course must be passed with a grade of "C- or higher"

Some tips

  • A transfer course is much more likely to be approved if there is a "reasonable parallel" to a course in the current department at USD.
  • To transfer credit from any international or study abroad program, whether affiliated or non-affiliated, please meet with an International Studies Abroad advisor in Serra 315.
  • To arrange transfer credit from a course you plan to take at a college or university in the United States, login to your MySanDiego account. Under the Torero Hub Tab, click on My Academics.
  • Keep in mind USD's residence requirement, which stipulates that you must take your final 30 units at USD, unless you have a waiver from your dean.

NOTE: that USD does not accept transfer credit for online courses.

Here are additional resources for transferring credits to specific programs: