Student Learning Outcomes
Math Major Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate a working knowledge of selected topics from calculus, linear algebra, and a distribution of other branches of mathematics.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to determine the validity of a given argument and will be able to construct mathematical proofs independently.
- Students will demonstrate understanding of the mathematical basis of common algorithms, and the ability to calculate accurately and efficiently.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to solve problems, including applications outside of mathematics, by means of intuition, creativity, guessing, and the experience gained through the study of particular examples and mathematical models.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to communicate mathematical ideas clearly. They will use correct mathematical terminology and proper mathematical notation.
Computer Science Major Learning Outcomes
- Students will be able to design and write computer programs that are correct, simple, clear, eﬃcient, well organized, and well documented.
- Students will know and be able to apply important data structures and algorithms.
- Students will be able to apply mathematical knowledge in the areas of calculus and discrete mathematics to problems in computer science.
- The student will understand the hardware and software aspects of computer systems that support application software development.
- Students will be able to communicate ideas and results using good English.