Applications for admission to the Marine Science program are due by January 15th for priority consideration. The program will continue to review applications after that date, but may not be able to consider late applicants for internal funding. All applications should be complete by the beginning of April.
Prospective students should be aware of the following points:
- Internal funding may include Dean's Merit Awards or funds from grants and contracts to individual faculty. There are also some small employment opportunities available within the Department. Although need is a consideration, merit, the fit of an applicant to a particular lab, and departmental needs will be critical factors.
- The University of San Diego is also able to provide aid in the form of grants and loans. Financial aid applications should be submitted simultaneously with the admission application. In order to activiate the financial aid application, prospective students need to submit a FAFSA form. Note that a FAFSA form for graduate school, unlike the undergraduate FAFSA form, neither requires nor takes into consideration parental income.
- Because internal funding and University financial aid are determined separately, successful applicants may receive only one, both, or neither source of funding. In no case will an offer of support be made prior to admission.
- The department does not review applications until they are complete.
- It is the prospective student’s responsibility to verify that his/her application is complete. All inquiries should be directed to the Graduate Admissions Office (firstname.lastname@example.org, or (619) 260-4524)