Facility Contact Information, Hours and Websites
|Sports Center (Recreation Main Office)||(619) 260-4533||Hours|
|McNamara Fitness Center||(619) 260-4353||Hours|
|Mission Fitness Center||(619) 260-7488||Hours|
|Outdoor Programs Office||(619) 260-4709|
Sports Facility Event Reservation Request Process
Any community member with a valid USD Torero identification card may make a one-time facility reservation. We do not permit non-affiliates to use our facilities and we do not permit groups/individuals to make a reoccurring event request.
Community members are eligible to reserve Manchester Field, Valley Field, the Sports Center Pool/Pool Deck, and the Sports Center indoor Gymnasium. The JCP Arena, Fowler Park, the Softball Field, and Torero Stadium are not available for reservation. Athletic facilities are open to affiliates of the University with a valid Torero ID card or Facilities Use Pass. Groups who wish to bring non-affiliates on to campus must first secure approval from HR’s Liability and Risk department.
It is up to your group to obtain all approvals necessary for your event. If you are a student organization, please direct any questions to: SLIC@sandiego.edu.
To request a space or review availability of a desired space (Requests must be made at least 72 hours in advance):
- Visit: https://reservations.sandiego.edu/virtualems/
- Log in with your MySanDiego user information
- Go to the "Reservations" tab
- All undergraduate organizations must select "On Campus EvR"
- USD faculty and staff should select "Event Space Request"
- Enter your Event Date, Start and End time
- Select "Sports Center" as your facility
- Enter ProjectedAttendance (including participants & spectators)
- Select "As Is" under Setup Type
- Click on "Find Space"
- The space availabilities will display on the ride side of the screen
- 10. Select the green plus sign next to your desired venue(s)
- Read the Terms and Conditions, and click "Continue"
- Complete all required (*) sections on the EVENT DETAILS form
- Click "Submit" after everything is entered
The Recreation scheduler will contact you with approval or denial. If approved, the Recreation scheduler will email the event coordinator the approval notification, facility policies and procedures, as well as work with the coordinator on any other event needs.
Campus Recreation Equipment Available for Check Out:
Below is a list of possible Recreation equipment for check out. The Recreation scheduler will work with the event coordinator to reserve equipment after the event has been approved. Availability is not guaranteed.
- Water Basketballs
- Yoga Mats
- Water Polo Balls
- Flag Football Setup (flags and pennies)
- Soccer balls
- Baggo (AKA "Corn Hole")
- Bocce Ball
- Grass Volleyball Setup
- Beach Volleyball net and ball
- Flip Score Charts
Recreation/Athletics is not responsible for setting up your event. Please contact the following departments for additional equipment requests:
- AV Equipment needs (contact Media Services)
- Tables or chairs (contact Athletics: email@example.com)
- Trash or Recycle bins (contact Athletics: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The portable stage (contact UC Scheduling, 619-260-7574)
- Staffing/Security (this may be required if your event is large or has potential risk involved)
Please be aware that we reserve the right to charge any group a clean up fee if the venue is left in any condition other than what it was prior to the event. We also have the right to charge any group for any damages incurred during their event (during set up, during the event, or during clean up) or for any damaged or missing equipment. All groups are responsible for their own liability/risk procedures as well as monitoring safety/risk during their event. We strongly encourage all groups to have on site a person who is CPR/First Aid certified and who is familiar with the University emergency response procedures.
Questions or concerns:
Scheduling priority for facilities:
- Intercollegiate Athletics
- Recreation Classes
- Sports Clubs
- Informal Recreation
- Campus Organization Events
Facilities ID Policy
Recreation Facilities are for use only by authorized members of the USD community, including current students, faculty, staff and alumni (with valid facility use pass). Family members of both faculty and staff are also welcome to use the Sports Center and McNamara Fitness Center, provided they have registered with the Campus Recreation department. The Mission Fitness Center is for current students and employees only. Facility Use Passes will not be accepted at the Mission Fitness Center. Facility Use Pass policies are subject to change and are at the discretion of Campus Recreation and Athletics.
You must present your current identification card to enter all facilities. Your Torero card is required to check out equipment at the Sports Center. Please note that the Recreation staff may request to see your USD Torero ID card at any time while using a sports/fitness facility or field. We ask for your cooperation with this policy as it has been established in the best interests of the USD community.
Health and Fitness Annex
The USD Campus Recreation Health and Fitness annex offers services, information and instruction to the USD community.
The services offered include: massage therapy, athletic training and injury rehabilitation. Annex services are available to all USD students, faculty and staff.
McNamara Fitness Center at Jenny Craig Pavilion
The McNamara fitness center, located in the Jenny Craig Pavilion, is available for daily use for those who possess a Torero ID card or a valid Facilities Use Pass. The fitness center offers numerous cardio machines, weight machines, and free weights. Day use locker rooms are available. The Fitness Center requires a USD ID for use. Fitness Center telephone: (619) 260-4353.
Mission Cafe' and Fitness Center
Located in the heart of the Missions Housing area, the Missions Cafeé and Fitness Center (est. 2007) is an 8,515 square foot wellness focused facility located in the heart of Missions housing. This center is designed to strengthen the minds, bodies and spirits of students through the service of the fitness center and café. This facility is only open to current USD Torero ID card holders.
The fitness center features:
- Group Exercise Room: 440 square feet
- Cardio Equipment: 10 treadmills, 11 elliptical machines, 4 stationary bikes and a Stairmaster
- Strength Training: Racks of free weights (ranging from 5 – 50 lbs), medicine balls and other balance tools
- The Missions Café: Full-service coffee/juice bar and sandwich shop featuring an assortment of healthy food choices and late night snack options including fresh organic foods such as sandwiches, salads, and frozen yogurt.
The Sports Center is located on the east end of campus and offers: basketball/volleyball gym, swimming pool, tennis courts, fitness/dance rooms and locker rooms. The Sports Center also houses both the Campus Recreation department and Intercollegiate Athletic department. This facility is open to current USD Torero ID card holders and Facility Use Pass holders.
Campus Recreation utilizes two multi-purpose fields, both of which feature "Sprint Turf" and stadium lighting:
- Manchester Field: 115 yards x 70 yds (approx)
- Valley Field: 105 yards x 55 yards (approx)
Field usage is restricted to USD community members only.
The field schedule changes on a daily basis. Athletic teams, Intramural sports, Club Sports and pre-scheduled special events have priority. Recreation use is not permitted when any of these listed groups are using the fields.
Note: Campus Recreation only reserves facilities/fields for USD community members and for one time event occurrences. We reserve the right to check users for USD Torero ID cards at any time.