POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED.
The Competition Athletic Trainer is responsible for supporting a diverse and inclusive recreational environment that serves the University of San Diego community. The Competition Athletic trainer provides athletic training services for recreation Sport Club programs on at will, no guarantee, hourly basis. Primary coverage is on Saturdays and Sundays during the listed “dates of employment.” Full position description PDF.
General supervision from the Head Athletic Trainer and/or Director of Campus Recreation
Direct supervision of all sport club participants as it pertains to risk management and injury management during scheduled competitions.
EXAMPLES OF WORK (include percentage of time for each example; no less than 10% each)
The responsibilities described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
General Administrative Duties
- Activity Involvement- Home Competitions (90%)
- Home contest Athletic Training management and risk decisions
- Attend scheduled practices/games as assigned
- Injury reports and injury follow-up
- On site injury aid as needed
- Injury updates to sport club coaches and visiting team Sport Club directors
- Administrative Support & Supervision (10%)
- Policy regulation and enforcement
- Club member injury record keeping
- Communicate with head Athletic Trainer and/or Recreation Director regarding incidents, injuries and schedule/hours
MINIMUM & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduation from a college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training
- Certified by the Board of Certification (BOC) as Athletic Trainer
- Athletic Training work experience for 1 or more years
- Current CPR/AED certifications
- Basic management skills
- Knowledge of competitive sports programs as they pertain to being the Athletic Trainer on-site for care of all participants
PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Possess excellent communication skills, human relation skills, and conflict resolution skills
- Flexible in performance and willingness to make changes as interests change
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is an at-will, no guarantee, max 8 hours per shift, home competition position. Most games are held on the weekends, some on weeknights. Schedule will be determined by Club contest/league schedules and availability of staff.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Personal computer (PC environment), various software applications, sport equipment, telephone, calculator, copy machine.
The employee will frequently sit; talk; hear; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee will occasionally walk and must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able to see closely and be able to adjust focus for use of computer and distance visibility.
The noise level in the training room is moderate. Other aspects of the position can include loud noise in the gym, on the field or during other recreational activities.
$35 per hour