Campus Recreation often has part-time jobs available. Check this page frequently to see the latest updates.
Background Check Process
Please note that all offers of employment (both student employees and non-student employees) are contingent upon completing and passing a required background check. The offer of employment may be discontinued at any time if the background check conditions are not met.
USD Student Employees:
If you are hired and are a current USD student, please note that most USD students will work an average of 10 hours per week, with a maximum of 25 hours per week during the fall and spring semesters set by University policy. All student employees are required to notify their hiring supervisor if they currently have or receive another on-campus job at any point throughout their employment.
Available Part Time Positions
Summer Lifeguard/Swim Instructor
(POSITIONS FILLED = CLOSED)
Summer Youth Tennis Instructor
(POSITION FILLED = CLOSED)
Recreation Fitness Class Instructors (FALL 2015)
Instruct recreation and/or fitness classes in the Campus Recreation department. For credit classes: Develop class syllabus and lesson plans; record and submit student attendance, mid-term and final grades. Maintain a safe and healthy instructional environment; ability to effectively communicate, demonstrate and instruct the skills required of the listed course.
- Past teaching experience in the related field you are applying for
- Fitness instruction certification (if applicable to the class you are applying for; required to show proof by first date of employment)
- Current CPR/First Aid/AED certifications (required to show proof by first date of employment)
- Personal fitness level necessary to teach the assigned course
Pay is set at $20/hour. Dates of classes are 9/2/15 - 12/12/15 unless otherwise indicated.
Classes available Fall 2015 (NOTE: we cannot change class days/times):
- Mixed Martial Arts: M/W, 8-8:55pm
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu: M/W, 9-9:55pm
Fitness and Mind/Body:
- Cardio Kick Boxing: T/TH, 6:30-7:25pm
- Pilates Mat: T/Th, 2:30-3:25pm
- Massage: Wednesdays, 7-9pm (dates for class are only from 9/9/15 - 10/28/15)
We do not hold resumes for future positions.
To apply, please send your resume along with three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intramural Sports Officials
USD IM Sports is hiring sports officials for the Fall 2015 Intramural season. We have openings in football, soccer, volleyball, softball, and basketball. No officiating experience is necessary, but knowledge of the sport is required. Paid training provided.
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com. Call 619-260-4275 for more information.
USD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.