Door Access


Campus Card is responsible for the encoding of cards for academic door access. If you need access to a certain door that has an Onity lock on it, please request access from your Building Supervisor or Department Head. Once they have authorized the request and passed the information along to our office, we can encode your ID card for the proper access.

How to Request Onity Locks and Access

Step 1: Contact Facilities Management to discuss different locks available: Zach Knipe, Director of Planning, Design & Construction. Email: or phone: (619) 260-7520.

Step 2: If purchase of Onity locks is approved, fill out the Onity Programming Request form.

Step 3: Follow the steps of How to Request Access for students and staff.

The Campus Card office will contact you once templates have been made and access is ready to be granted.

Changes to Onity Lock Users

In the event that an employee that has Onity locking privileges leaves the University you must immediately notify Campus Card and send the card to the Campus Card Office – please do not destroy the card.
Notify: Therese Thiessen, Manager of Campus Card. Email: or phone (619) 260-5999.

Lock Issues

If you are experiencing trouble using the Onity door locks, please see if your problem is addressed here: Housing's Guide to Onity Locks