Stephen ConroyAssociate Dean, Undergraduate Program
Professor of Economics
Office LocationAlcala West, Coronado 108
- PhD, University of Southern California, Economics
- MA, University of Southern California, Economics
- BA, Creighton University, Economics
Areas of ExpertiseEconomics, Real Estate
- Intergenerational Transmission of Moral Capital Across the Family Life Course, Cambridge University Press/Cultural Transmission: Developmental, Psychological, Social and Methodol
- Commitment to Caring: Filial Responsibility and the Allocation of Support by Adult Children to Older Mothers, Caregiving Contexts: Cultural, Familial and Societal Implications; Springer
- The Case for Admitting Settlement License Agreements in a Reasonable Royalty Analysis, Les Nouvelles/Licensing Executives Society International
- A Tale of Trade-offs: The Impact of Macroeconomic Factors on Environmental Concern, Journal of Environmental Management/Elsevier, Inc.
- Addressing the Call for Leadership for Peace and Prosperity, Business, Peace and Sustainable Development
Stephen Conroy is a professor of economics and faculty director of the Center for Peace of Commerce at the University of San Diego, where he joined the faculty in the fall 2004. Conroy earned a PhD (1998) and MA (1995) in economics from the University of Southern California. He earned a bachelor's degree in economics from Creighton University, where he graduated with honors in 1987. Before coming to USD, Conroy was a faculty member at the University of West Florida in Pensacola, Florida.
He has published more than 25 journal articles, book chapters and conference proceedings and his work has appeared in a variety of journals. He has consulted extensively in litigation support and valuation of nonmarket assets. Conroy has won several research and teaching awards at USD, most notably a prestigious University Professor Award in 2012.