Zipcar is car-sharing, an alternative to car ownership that gives you wheels when you want them.
Need a car? Borrow a Zipcar! USD has partnered with Zipcar to bring self-service, on-demand car sharing to USD. To use Zipcars, simply register as a member, reserve a car online or by phone, use your Zipcard to enter the car, and drive away. When you’re done, return the car to the same location where you picked it up.* Once your online application is approved you should receive your Zipcard in the mail within 5 to 7 business days.
As a Zipcar member you get:
- Access to Zipcars 24/7. USD cars live right on campus!
- Self-service and on-demand cars with the keys inside!
- Discounted hourly rates for faculty, staff and students age 18 and older
- Gas, insurance, maintenance and 180 miles per day are included for free in every reservation!
- All members may now rent Zipcars anywhere in the world!
- Learn more and get started
Need more information?
- Is car sharing for me?
- Zipcar rules
- Zipcar on Facebook - like their page to receive news about special promotions and contests!
*Cars in front of the UC:
Cars located in front of the University Center need to be moved when there are special campus events happening. If the street is closed - look for the car in the small parking area directly behind the UC.