My name is Pete Greene and I am so proud to be serving as your Finance Chair for the 2015-2016 academic year! I currently am a senior, majoring in Finance and Accounting (big surprise?). I have previously served the USD community as the Associated Students Web Director for the last year and I'm very excited to continue my commitment to my fellow students and the University in this upcoming year. I've always wanted the opportunity to give back to those students who have given so much to the campus and I think I've finally found my calling. Throughout my years at USD, like many of you, I have searched and worked to find my place. During this long and arduous process, I've had the incredible opportunity to grow with and learn about a myriad of different clubs and organizations that are the heart and soul of this University.
The Finance Branch of AS is essential to the undergraduate Torero experience, as it meticulously funds student activities and ideas that build community and foster inclusion on campus. In particular, the Associated Students Budget Committee (ASBC) oversees the sponsoring and subsidizing of Student-University related events through allocations of the student activity fee. Besides ensuring that both the Finance Committee and ASBC are good stewards of this fee, there are a few additional objectives that I hope to achieve this year.
During my term as Finance Chair, I hope to:
- Foster a culture of dual-accountability through transparency in the various organizations and centers on campus.
- Raise awareness about the availability of funds for student events and programs through more awareness of ASBC and student interest in the process of allocation.
- Ensure a sense of fiscal responsibility that grows parallel to the evolving nature of our organizations and clubs on campus.
Please don't hesitate to stop by my desk in SLP 312, send me an email, or approach me at an AS event! I would love to hear from you and have a conversation about the nature of the student's funds, your organization, or anything else!
Let's make this an unforgettable year my Torero friends!
Phone: (619) 426-4715
My name is Darren Hollak and I am thrilled to be serving as the Controller for the 2015-2016 academic year! I’m currently a senior majoring in Accounting with an emphasis in Real Estate. My previous roles within the school include serving the USD community as a Senator and working within the department of alumni relations. I have enjoyed all the positions that I have held thus far at USD, and I am looking forward to having the opportunity to help make USD even better with my latest position!
As Controller I am responsible for monitoring the funding that is allocated to different clubs and organizations and processing reimbursements.
My goals for the year include:
- Simplifying the reimbursement system and working to move to an online form
- Providing transparency in the reimbursement process
- Making the availability of funding for clubs well known, so all students can take advantage of their student activity fee
I am so excited for this opportunity to serve the USD Community and welcome anyone with questions or comments to stop by my office anytime!
Phone: (619) 260-4715