International Student Cost of Attendance

Admitted international students must prove they have the financial means to cover their expenses.

After you have been accepted to your program and made your enrollment deposit, you will need to prove that you have the financial means or support to cover your educational and living expenses, including the living expenses of any dependents who accompany you to the United States. Your documentation must show that your available funding equals or exceeds the estimated budget for the first year of your program.

Acceptable Types of Documentation

Acceptable types of financial documentation include an official bank statement, a sponsor or scholarship letter, or a similar financial statement detailing current liquid assets available for use during your first year of study. Regardless of which forms of documentation you submit, all financial documents must:

  • be in English, and be easy to read and understand. You must provide official translations for documents not in English.
  • be dated within the past 3 months.
  • indicate that the funds shown are liquid assets, ie, cash on hand or easily accessible. Standard bank checking or savings accounts will typically meet this requirement. Proof of non-liquid assets such as investments, insurance policies, real estate, loan approval letters, etc. will not be accepted. Income statements or tax declarations are also not acceptable.

FAQ: "Where do I submit my financial documentation?"

International students must submit their financial documentation via the University's iTorero portal. Financial documents will not be accepted in any other way. You will receive access to iTorero via an email from the Office of Graduate Admissions after you have been accepted to your program and have made your enrollment deposit.

Estimate of Expenses (2019-20 Academic Year)

You can view the estimated budget required for the first year of your studies by locating your college/school and program in the table below. Please keep in mind that these numbers reflect the estimated expenses for just the first year of your studies. Your documentation must show that your available funding equals or exceeds the estimated budget for the first year of your program.

Additional Expenses for Dependents

Married students accompanied by their families will need to show that their financial means covers the estimated budget for their program and the funding required to support their dependents. If you will be accompanied by a spouse and/or children under 21 years old, you must add the following amounts to the estimated budget for your program:

  • Spouse: add $800 per month
  • Child: add $400 per month (per child)


Please remember that the amounts shown below are estimates. The University reserves the right to make changes to these amounts.

  • College of Arts and Sciences
  • Hahn School of Nursing and Health Science
  • Kroc School of Peace Studies
  • School of Business
  • School of Leadership and Education Sciences