Note that certain programs may have additional requirements to the ones listed below. Please reference the department for specific admission criteria.
- Completed Application — Applicants must complete and submit the Graduate Admission application online.
- Application Fee — There is an application fee of $45 ($80 for School of Business programs). The application fee is submitted online during the application process.
- Official Transcripts — Transcripts documenting each course taken beyond the high school level (whether or not within a degree program) and all degrees awarded are required. Transcripts that are not in the original sealed envelope provided by the university, that do not bear the registrar's signature and/or the institution's seal, are not official. If your school has the capability to send secure, electronic transcripts, please have the institution send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Letters of Recommendation — Letters should be from professors familiar with the applicant's scholarly work or from professional supervisors who have had experience in a graduate program and who can provide information regarding the applicant's potential for success as a graduate student. Generally, two to three letters of recommendation are required. Please refer to the department web pages for specific information.
- Current Resume — Applicants will submit a resume detailing one’s employment and/or educational experience.
- Personal Statement, Statement of Purpose and/or Essays — Please check the department website for specific statement requirements.
College of Arts and Sciences
School of Business
School of Leadership and Education Sciences
Hahn School of Nursing
Kroc School of Peace Studies
Shiley-Maros School of Engineering
Professional and Continuing Education
- Standardized Test Scores — Applicants will need to provide scores for tests applicable to the program, such as the GRE or GMAT (not all programs require a standardized test). Please check the department website for standardized testing requirements.
- Send all transcripts and additional application materials to:
University of San Diego
Office of Graduate Admission
5998 Alcala Park
San Diego, CA 92110-2492
Phone: (619) 260-4524, Fax (619) 260-4158
International applicants are also required to submit the following:
Transcript and Credential Evaluation
An evaluation of coursework completed at institutions outside of the United States is required. Applicants must have their transcripts evaluated by World Education Services, Inc. (WES). A Course-by-Course Report from WES must be submitted with your application. Once all required documentation has been submitted to WES, an evaluation can take as little as seven days.
English Language Requirements
The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is mandatory for all applicants educated outside the United States. The test can be waived if English is your primary language or you have obtained a bachelor degree from the U.S., Great Britain, Canada or Australia. Other exceptions can be made on a case by case basis.