Occupational wellness is a process of negotiating lifework in a manner that is both stimulating and inherently fulfilling, while balancing personal and family commitments. Occupational wellness is enhanced by lifework that is congruent with one’s values, beliefs, and goals; that demonstrates a strong work ethic, commitment to service and social responsibility, and that values professional development.
Below is a list of resources that may be beneficial in optimizing your occupational wellness:
- USD encourages employees to grow, learn new skills, and take advantage of opportunities for promotion
- Professional development opportunities
- Employee Leave Policies & Support
- Risk Management is dedicated to protecting the University community through education, training and consultation
- Ergonmic work station evaluations provided by Environmental Health & Safety