Environmental wellness is a process that involves learning about and contributing to the health of the planet through active stewardship. This involves establishing a sustainable lifestyle, protecting natural resources, and eliminating pollutants and excessive waste. Environmental Wellness also includes having a respect and awareness of the surroundings and playing an active role in community crime prevention and emergency preparedness.
Below is a list of resources that may be beneficial in optimizing your environmental wellness:
- Earth Week activities
- Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) training offered through Public Safety
- The Community on Patrol (COP) initiative is aimed at raising safety and crime prevention awareness throughout the campus community
- Recycling on campus
- Crime Prevention Strategies provided by USD Public Safety, the San Diego Police Department and the Mission Beach Town Council
- The Emergency Preparedness web site provides the campus community information and resources regarding response guidelines and how to be prepared for a variety of emergencies
- Carpool permits and Fresh Air permits are offered through Parking Services
- Tram Service is offered through Facilities Management
- Recycle San Diego
- City of San Diego Water Conservation Program
- City of San Diego Energy Conversation & Management Division
- City of San Diego Recycling Programs
- To explore the environmental wellness dimension, learn ways to enhance your environmental wellness and complete a self-assessment, check out the Definition of Wellness website.