How to Join a Group:
Groups are only open to currently enrolled USD students
There is no charge for group counseling. If you have any questions about the groups offered from Student Wellness, please call (619-260-4655) and ask to speak with the Group Coordinator,
Justin Gibson, PhD or the Counseling Center Director, Steve Sprinkle, PhD.
You may also visit the Counseling Center in Serra Hall 300 during walk-in hours (Monday-Friday 11:00 am to 3:00 pm and Wednesday 11:00 am to 5:00 pm) and let the person who greets you know that you are interested in learning more about the Wellness Groups. If you see a group that interests you, please contact the group’s facilitator directly.
The availability of groups varies from year to year, depending on student interest. For the 2012-2013 academic year, the following groups are offered:
- Alcohol & Other Drug Behavioral Change Support Group
- Anxiety Workshops
- Guy Talk: A Group for Men
- LGBTQQ & Allies Discussion Group co-sponsored with PRIDE
- Social Smarts
- Support Group for Helping Professionals
- The Family Dance: Who's Taking Care of You?
- Women of Color Discussion Group co-sponsored with the Women's Center
- Understanding Yourself and Others
*Groups form at the beginning of the semester, so we urge anyone interested to plan ahead.
*Groups are only open to all currently enrolled USD undergraduate, graduate, and professional students.
**Many thanks to the Pace University Counseling Center and the University of California Riverside Counseling Center for permission to use and adapt their group information websites.