How to Join a Group:
Groups are only open to currently enrolled USD students
There is no charge for group counseling. If you have any questions about the groups offered from Student Wellness, please call (619-260-4655) and ask to speak with the Group Coordinator,
Robert Ballantyne, PsyD or the Counseling Center Director, Steve Sprinkle, PhD.
You may also visit the Counseling Center in Serra Hall 300 during walk-in hours (Monday-Friday 11:00 am to 3:00 pm and Wednesday 11:00 am to 5:00 pm) and let the person who greets you know that you are interested in learning more about the Wellness Groups. If you see a group that interests you, please contact the group’s facilitator directly.
The following groups are offered this year:
- Anxiety Workshops
- Guy Talk: A Group for Men
- LGBTIQQ Rainbow Wellness
- LGBTQQ & Allies Discussion Group co-sponsored with PRIDE
- Social Smarts
- Support Group for Helping Professionals
- Women of Color Discussion Group co-sponsored with the Women's Center
- Understanding Yourself and Others
- Alcohol & Other Drug Behavioral Change Support Group
- The Family Dance: Who's Taking Care of You?