You can register to vote in CA by visiting: http://RegisterToVote.ca.gov/
- You Can Register to Vote in California, if you are:
- A U.S. Citizen
- A California Resident
- At least 18 years of age on or before the next election
- Not in prison or on parole for a felony conviction
- Not declared mentally incompetent by court action
- If you are registered to vote with your campus address, you will vote at the Degheri Alumni Center.
- If you do not live on campus, you cannot vote on campus.
- If you live off-campus, find your polling location
- In previous elections, students have THOUGHT that they were registered, and on election day it turned out that their form had been lost in the mail or was otherwise not recorded. If your vote is important to you, CHECK with your county elections officials a few weeks before the election to make sure you are registered!! In California, you can check at this website: http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/registration-status/
- If you are voting absentee, votes must be RECEIVED by or on Election Day, so you must MAIL your ballot ASAP to make sure that it gets there on time.
Where do you vote:
- If you have an address of 5998 Alcala Park or live at Carmel Pacific Ridge Apartments, you will vote in the DAC on campus. The polls are open from 7am-8pm.
- You can find your polling location by visiting: http://www.sdcounty.ca.gov/voters/Eng/Eindex.shtml
To Request a Mail Ballot:California statewide ballot initiatives
- Information about the California statewide ballot measures can be found at: http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/ballot-measures/qualified-ballot-measures.htm