Install Open Office
Last updated 1/26/08
Open Office is a program that has all the functions of Microsoft Office except that it is 100% free. It is available for Windows and Mac.
Open Office consists of the following software:
Open Office Writer = Microsoft Word
Open Office Calc = Microsoft Excel
Open Office Impress = Microsoft Powerpoint
Open Office Base = Microsoft Access Key Database
- Go to www.openoffice.org.
- Click the green "get openoffice.org" button.
- On the next screen, click the green "Download OpenOffice.org" link.
- Click on the link that matches your operating system (Windows or Mac OS X)
- On the next page, click the "continue to download' link in the green box.
- In the dialog box that comes up, click "Run", then click "Next >" and then click "Unpack."
- Click "Next >" In the Installation Wizard and select "I accept the terms in the license agreement." Click "Next >" again.
- Type in a name and organization and click "Next >". Choose "Complete" or "Custom" if you want only some of the programs, then click "Next >" three more times. When the installation is complete, click "Finish."
- To start OpenOffice in Windows, click the Windows button in the lower-right corner, then click "Programs", then click "OpenOffice 2.3".