Student Success Coaching
Student Success Coaching is a collaborative effort between the Center for Student Success, Center for Health & Wellness Promotion, and Dean's Office of Arts & Sciences.
This unique program provides undergraduate students with the opportunity to meet one-on-one with a Peer Coach or professional staff to address academic and personal needs within a confidential setting. All coaches are USD students who have successfully completed an upper division course called "Current Approaches to Peer Assistance" (MFTS 365) in preparation for their role, and receive ongoing training and intensive supervision.
Peer coaches and professional staff are able to assist students with the following:
- Assessing and identifying presenting challenges
- Generating a Student Success Plan that includes academic and personal goals
- Connecting students with relevant resources on campus
- Developing time management and study skills, and becoming more connected at USD
Who should sign up for Student Success Coaching?
- First and second-year students placed on scholastic probation
- First and second-year students with multiple mid-term deficiencies
- First-year and transfer students struggling with the transition to college-level courses
- Any undergraduate student seeking to improve his/her academic performance
How do I make an appointment with a peer coach?
The easiest way to make an appointment is to visit the Center for Student Success in UC-114. Our staff will assist you in finding a date and time that fit your schedule to meet with a coach.
- First appointments last 1 hour
- Follow-up appointments last 30 minutes
- After scheduling an appointment, you will receive a confirmation email
- A reminder email is sent to you the day before your appointment
- We advise you to attend at least four sessions with a Student Success Coach
- Student Success Coaching is NOT tutoring - however, the CSS staff is happy to assist you in finding tutoring resources
Call (619) 260-5995 or visit UC-114 to schedule your first appointment! We do not schedule appointments over email. If you have general questions about Student Success Coaching, please contact the CSS at email@example.com or (619) 260-5995.