Use the campus map to get around campus or search for popular terms. Also includes a Google clickable map with tram stops.
Campus Skateboarding Map
Use the campus skateboarding map (PDF) to find out where you can (and can't) ride bicycles and skateboards.
The largest part of campus transportation is the USD Tram Service. The tram is free to all students, employees and visitors to the University. There are also stops for the on-campus Old Town Transit Center Tram Service located west of Colachis Plaza (near the fountain) and in front of Mother Rosalie Hill Hall.
Two Zip Cars are available on campus to be rented by the hour.
Parking Permits can be purchased online through Parking Services.
College Cab provides full-time USD undergraduate students a safe ride from any situation that places you at risk, such as being stranded or wanting to leave an uncomfortable situation:
- Service is available 7 days a week
- For College Cab service call (619) 291-3333
- You must present your USD ID to the cab driver
- You have 2 weeks to pay a flat fee of $10 for cab rides of 15 miles or less. However, the entire amount will be posted to your student account if a flat fee of $10 has not been paid within two weeks and/or if your cab ride exceeded the 15-mile limit. Payment can be made at the Cashier's Office (Hughes Center 211).
- After you have made your payment, bring the yellow receipt to the Center for Health and Wellness Promotion (CHWP) in the University Center, Room 161. If we do not know that you have paid the flat fee, your student account will be billed the entire amount.
- There is a three-time limit per semester.
San Diego Metropolitan Transit System (MTS) buses, trolleys and coasters provide convenient transportation throughout San Diego County. If you want to use the local bus service, use the MTS Google Transit Trip Planner to map routes directly from USD. USD is located on the #44 bus route. Bus schedules differ, but service the stop by our entrance every 15 to 20 minutes.
- MTS Student Passes can be purchased on campus at the University Center Ticket Office for a discount.
- iCommuteSD is another great resource to plan trips around San Diego using public transportation.
The San Diego Trolley runs every 15 minutes throughout most of the day and every 30 minutes in the evening. The stop nearest USD is the Old Town Transit Center on the Blue/Green Line. The USD Tram runs every half-hour from Main Campus to the Old Town Transit Center.
The North County Coaster runs 43 miles along the coast with station stops in downtown San Diego, Old Town, Solana Beach, Encinitas, Carlsbad and Oceanside. It is best to transfer form the Coaster to a bus at the Old Town Transit Center to reach USD.
ZimRide is one of the many carpooling options USD sponsors to promote a more sustainable lifestyle and to reduce our carbon footprint.
Rent a Zip Car on campus for an hour, a day or more. Great deals for USD students, faculty, and staff!