The CSS generates innovative strategies to assist all undergraduate students in persisting to graduation.
In partnership with the Associate Dean for Advising and Curriculum in the College of Arts & Sciences, the CSS provides leadership and direction for the university-wide First Year Experience (FYE) and Second Year Experience (SYE) initiatives.
The CSS offers Student Success Coaching where professional staff and peer coaches are available to meet with any undergraduate student experiencing challenges at USD that impact academic performance and persistence.
The CSS also processes undergraduate leaves of absence as well as undergraduate withdrawals.
To download the Center for Student Success general handout, please click the following link:
2013-2014 Center for Student Success General Handout (PDF document)
Center for Student Success Events
- October 17: Choosing a Major @ 12:30pm in UC Forum A
- October 23: Study Strategies @ 7:00pm in San Buenaventura 3rd Floor Classroom
- October 29: Balancing Multiple Demands @ 12:30pm in UC 128
- October 31: Time Management @ 12:30pm in UC 103A/B
- November 4: Should I Stay or Should I Go? @ 7:00pm in UC 103A/B
Important Dates to Remember
- October 18: Competency Exams Fees Due
- October 18: Deadline 60% tuition refund
- October 25: Fall Holiday (no classes)
- October 28: Deadline 50% tuition refund
- Mid-term grades due
- November 1: Class reservation begins for Spring 2014
- Walk-in registration begins for Intersession 2014
- Priority deadline for Intersession 2014 financial aid applications