The CSS generates innovative strategies to assist all undergraduate students in persisting to graduation.
In partnership with the Associate Dean for Advising and Curriculum in the College of Arts & Sciences, the CSS provides leadership and direction for the university-wide First Year Experience (FYE) and Second Year Experience (SYE) initiatives.
The CSS offers Student Success Coaching where professional staff and peer coaches are available to meet with any undergraduate student experiencing challenges at USD that impact academic performance and persistence.
The CSS also processes undergraduate leaves of absence as well as undergraduate withdrawals.
To download the Center for Student Success general handout, please click the following link:
2014 Center for Student Success General Handout (PDF document)
Center for Student Success Events
- April 26: Out-of-State Student Council Training
- April 30: "The Talk" applications due at 5:00pm in UC-114. Click here to apply!
- May 1: CSS begins accepting leave of absence and withdrawal requests for the Fall 2014 semester
- May 7: Last day of Student Success Coaching
- May 26: CSS closed (Memorial Day)
Important Dates to Remember
- April 17-21: Easter Holiday (no classes; offices closed on Friday, April 18)
- May 6: Honors Convocation
- May 13: Last day of classes
- May 14-15: Study days
- May 16-22: Final examinations
- May 24-25: Commencements
- May 30: Final grades due