Center for Student Success
The CSS generates innovative strategies to assist all undergraduate students in persisting to graduation.
Welcome to the Center for Student Success (CSS) website! In partnership with the Associate Dean for Advising and Curriculum in the College of Arts & Sciences, the CSS provides leadership and direction for the university-wide First Year Experience (FYE) and Second Year Experience (SYE) initiatives.
Highlighted Programs and Support:
The CSS offers Student Success Coaching where professional staff and peer coaches are available to meet with any undergraduate student experiencing challenges at USD that impact academic performance and persistence.
The CSS also processes undergraduate leaves of absence and undergraduate withdrawals from the university.
For a summary of CSS programs and services, please click here to download the general handout (PDF).
Center for Student Success Events
- August 24-28: Preceptorial Assistant Training
- September 1: Out-of-State Student Ice Cream Social
- September 8: Alcalá Bazaar
- The CSS will have info tables about the PA Program, OLÉ! Weekend, and the Out-of-State Student Program!
- September 9: Student Success Coaching begins
- Visit UC-114 or call to request an appointment
Important Dates to Remember
- September 2: Classes begin
- September 7: Labor Day (no classes and offices closed)
- September 14: Deadline 100% tuition refund
- Last day to enroll in classes and to drop a class without a 'W'
- September 21: Deadline 90% tuition refund
- September 28: Deadline 80% tuition refund
- October 1-29: Online class reservation for Intersession 2016