The CSS generates innovative strategies to assist all undergraduate students in persisting to graduation.
In partnership with the Associate Dean for Advising and Curriculum in the College of Arts & Sciences, the CSS provides leadership and direction for the university-wide First Year Experience (FYE) and Second Year Experience (SYE) initiatives.
The CSS offers Student Success Coaching where professional staff and peer coaches are available to meet with any undergraduate student experiencing challenges at USD that impact academic performance and persistence.
The CSS also processes undergraduate leaves of absence and undergraduate withdrawals from the university.
For a summary of CSS programs and services, please click here to download the general handout (PDF).
Center for Student Success Events
- March 2-13: Preceptorial Assistant interviews
- March 18: PA Selection Notification (via email)
- March 25: Deadline to accept PA position or alternate (by 5pm)
- March 31: Out-of-State Student Council Selection Notification (via email)
- April 14: PA Workshop, 7-9pm (location TBD)
- April 17: LLC Team Training, 3-5pm (location TBD)
Important Dates to Remember
- March 6: Spring Holiday (no classes, offices open)
- March 18: Deadline 50% tuition refund
- March 18: Mid-term deficiency grades due
- March 25: Deadline to select pass/fail option
- March 30-April 6: Spring Easter Break (no classes)
- April 3: Offices Closed (holiday)