The CSS generates innovative strategies to assist all undergraduate students in persisting to graduation.
In partnership with the Associate Dean for Advising and Curriculum in the College of Arts & Sciences, the CSS provides leadership and direction for the university-wide First Year Experience (FYE) and Second Year Experience (SYE) initiatives.
The CSS offers Student Success Coaching where professional staff and peer coaches are available to meet with any undergraduate student experiencing challenges at USD that impact academic performance and persistence.
The CSS also processes undergraduate leave of absence requests as well as undergraduate withdrawals.
For information regarding Medical Leaves of Absence, please click here to visit the Student Wellness website.
For information regarding graduate student leaves and withdrawals, please click here to visit the Graduate Records website.
Center for Student Success Events
- April 20: OOS Student Council Retreat in Commuter Student Commons (UC 119)
- April 23: FYE Student Leader Luncheon in KIPJ A/B/C from 12:30-2:00pm
- May 1: CSS begins processing leaves of absence and withdrawals effective for the Fall 2013 semester
- May 2: SYE Abroad Kick-Off Meeting
- May 3: Last day of Student Success Coaching
Important Dates to Remember
- April 6: Competency Exam: Mathematics
- April 12: Final fee payment deadline for Summer Sessions 2013 online registration
- April 13: Competency Exams: Lower & Upper-division English
- May 7: Honors Convocation
- May 13: Last day of classes
- Deadline to petition for January 2014 graduation
- May 14-15: Study days