The CSS generates innovative strategies to assist all undergraduate students in persisting to graduation.
In partnership with the Associate Dean for Advising and Curriculum in the College of Arts & Sciences, the CSS provides leadership and direction for the university-wide First Year Experience (FYE) and Second Year Experience (SYE) initiatives.
The CSS offers Student Success Coaching where professional staff and peer coaches are available to meet with any undergraduate student experiencing challenges at USD that impact academic performance and persistence.
The CSS also processes undergraduate leaves of absence as well as undergraduate withdrawals.
To download the Center for Student Success general handout, please click the following link:
2014 Center for Student Success General Handout (PDF document)
Center for Student Success Events
- February 3: Student Success Coaching appointments begin
- February 6: Academic Probation Workshop @ 1:30pm in UC 103 A/B
- February 11: PA Info Session @ 12:30pm in UC 107
- February 13: PA Info Session @ 1:00pm in UC 128
- February 14: PA Info Session @ 3:00pm in UC 107
- February 17: PA Info Session @ 7:00pm in UC 128
Important Dates to Remember
- February 5: 100% tuition refund deadline
- Last day to enroll in classes and to drop a class without a 'W'
- February 12: 90% tuition refund deadline
- February 19: 80% tuition refund deadline
- February 26: 70% tuition refund deadline
- March 2: Priority deadline for USD financial aid applications for 2014-2015
- March 3-28: Online class reservation for Summer Sessions 2014
- March 10-14: Spring break (no classes)