PROGRAM CODE NUMBER: 175011
Please follow the instructions for the online APPI, which may be accessed through the APPIC website: www.appic.org. Hard copy applications are not accepted.
A complete application consists of the following:
- Completed APPIC applications for Psychology Internship form.
- Cover letter expressing your interest in our site. In your cover letter, please make sure to let us know of any experience you have had with time limited therapy .
- Three letters of reference from professionals who have observed your counseling and academic performance. At least two of these letters should be from clinical supervisors.
- A current vita.
- Transcripts of all graduate work.
- Please note that in addition to the standard AAPI Online elements, USDCC requires a brief summary of a recent successful counseling case. This summary should demonstrate your theoretical orientation to counseling and reflect your preferred assessment and intervention strategies. Please limit to 2-3 pages, and redact to protect client confidentiality. This should be uploaded via the AAPI Online Supplemental Materials field.
Applicants should have successfully completed comprehensive exams toward their doctorate in counseling or clinical psychology including a minimum of 450 hours of intervention at the time of application. Doctoral coursework should be projected to be complete at of the end of the 2014 spring semester. Applicants should also have defended their dissertation proposal by the time of application, or at a minimum, have a firm defense date.The University of San Diego requires all prospective employees to pass a background check to include a criminal check and Social Security Number verification. Background checks are conducted following the APPIC Match, but the outcome of these background checks have the potential to preclude employment.
The University of San Diego is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse campus environment and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. The Counseling Center fully supports the university's commitment and is dedicated to building a diverse staff with expertise and interest in serving students with diverse needs, backgrounds, ethnicities, abilities, and other distinct characteristics in respectful, sensitive, and understanding ways.