The Safe Space Allies Network enhances the ability of students, staff, administrators and faculty to demonstrate proactively and personally the University's core values of community, inclusion, and respect for all - regardless of sexual orientation or other identity. Grounded in Catholic Social Thought, the University's mission affirms that all human life is sacred and that the dignity of the human person is the foundation of a moral vision for society.
By displaying a SAFE SPACE ALLY emblem in their working and/or living areas, members of the university community provide visible markers of validation, support and respect for members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community as well as other potentially marginalized populations. The sign serves as an indicator of people with whom LGBT and questioning people can speak openly and seek the support they need to succeed at the University of San Diego.
Who Are We? Find a Safe Space Ally on Campus
Please login to view the list of safe space allies at the University of San Diego organized by department.
Please logout when done
Please remember to log out when you are finished, especially if you are on a public terminal.
Forgot your password?
You may reset your password with our online password reset tool. If you have questions or need technical support, please contact the ITS Help Desk (formerly the Tech Support Center). Contact us 24 hours/day at (619) 260-7900 or at email@example.com. Walk-in support is also available weekdays in UC 117, near One Stop Services. Visit our website for our current hours!
Safe Space Allies are required to complete a 2 1/2 hour training. During the training participants will:
- Explore anti-Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) bias in their lives;
- Establish qualities of an effective ally and set boundaries for ally work;
- Learn language for discussing LGBT issues and clarify terms and concepts regarding gender and sexuality;
- Learn strategies for intervening in anti-LGBT bias; and
- Learn strategies for being a supportive ally when someone comes out to them.
- Tuesday, August 13; 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Sunday, August 25; 6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Thursday, September 26; 12:15 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 16; 10:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 12; 3:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Spring 2014 Training Dates
- Tuesday, February 25; 12:15 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 26; 10:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Thursday, April 24; 3:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Information provided will remain confidential and is collected for the sole purpose of scheduling trainings.
*If you cannot attend any of the above trainings and have at least 8 people that are interested in doing a training on another date, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org about adding another training.