How does the program work?
During the summer, future USD freshmen and transfer students are recruited into the program and matched with peer mentors according to common interests and characteristics such as major, extracurricular activities, hometown, hobbies and/or other mentor/mentee preferences. Mentees will participate in a number of activities during the fall semester, which include the Link Welcome Orientation & BBQ, Link meetings, and other social and cultural events.
- Active involvement during the fall semester and participate in the program's activities.
- Request guidance about campus resources, coursework, career goals and other educational and social opportunities, as needed.
- Attend Link Welcome Orientation & BBQ (Tuesday, September 3, 2013, 5-7pm, SLP Courtyard).
How do I apply to be a Mentee?
- Must be a first-year or transfer USD student in the Fall 2013.
- Must mail the completed application to United Front Multicultural Center, 5998 Alcalá Park, Student Life Pavilion 418, San Diego, CA 92110 or email to email@example.com by the August 02, 2013 deadline.
- After applications have been reviewed, the Link Coordinator will contact applicants.