The UFMC interns play a critical role in developing and maintaining our programs and services. Interns learn job-related skills and the importance of working in a team environment.
Although interns are hired with a specific job function, much of the work they do expands beyond the job description. Interns are expected to collaborate and assist with other projects when needed. Interns receive role specific training, as well as training focusing on identity and leadership development.
The UFMC Intern hiring process takes place in April. The deadline to submit applications is Friday, April 19, 2013. Click here to download the Intern Application. There are 8 intern positions:
All student employees share the following general responsibilities, which include but are not limited to:
- Assist in implementation of Center programs and events as needed.
- Provide courteous service during operating hours (i.e., welcoming community members and visitors to the Center, answering phones, referrals as required).
- Attend and participate in bi-weekly staff meetings and trainings focused on both skill development and building knowledge around identity and social issues.
- Weekly one-on-one meetings with immediate supervisor.
- Maintain the appearance, cleanliness, and welcoming atmosphere of the UFMC.
Leadership Council Coordinator
- Work under the guidance of the Associate Director to help develop and implement leadership development programs and opportunities for students supporting the UFLC and Center’s mission.
Link Coordinator (2)
- Work closely with the Director to coordinate Link events, meetings, trainings, and recruitment.
- Have one-on-one meetings with Link mentors and mentees, as needed.
- Communicate with Link students about program details and upcoming events.
- Attend all Link meetings and events.
- Demonstrate professional skills (i.e., organization, delegation, time management, data management, teambuilding).
- Assist with informational outreach efforts (i.e., Alcalá Bazaar, Multicultural Experience @ USD, tabling events, etc.) at the University.
- Work with other university departments and community organizations to assist in the recruitment of underrepresented and underserved students.
- Work to develop stories for the Center’s website that highlight our work.
- Develop and provide logistical coordination for ongoing UFMC programming related to heritage months, cultural events, etc.
- Work with Associated Students to develop advertising and publicity for events.
- Work with student organizations and other campus centers to collaborate and provide support for ongoing programming.
Rainbow Educator/SSA Coordinator
- Work closely with the Associate Director to coordinate Rainbow Educator (RE) workshop requests and marketing.
- Assist RE Management Team with trainings, events, recruitment and documentation of events.