― Mother Teresa
Why make service a part of my faith journey?
- Give back to people in need
- Build community and meet other people with similar values
- Get a little perspective on what’s really important in life
- Learn something new about yourself, God, and our world
- Boost positive emotions and overall mental health
Service Opportunities at USD
1) Interfaith Shelter Network
Once each semester University Ministry takes responsibility for staffing the Interfaith Shelter Network, a rotational shelter program serving homeless women, men, and children in San Diego County. Spend time preparing, serving, and sharing meals, playing and visiting with and learning about the lives of those who are homeless. Volunteers spend the night and also help prepare breakfast.
November 18-25, 2013
To sign up your club, floor, team or group of 4-8 people contact Aleisha Garrido at 619-260-4735.
2) For other volunteer opportunities on campus, please consider getting involved with the Center for Awareness, Service, and Action.
3) You may also want to consider contacting a volunteer organization directly:
- Bayside Community Center
- Border Angels
- Catholic Charities
- Father Joe’s Villages
- Nativity Prep Academy
- Our Lady’s School
- Reality Changers
- San Diego Food Bank
- Volunteer Match
For more ideas about how to make service a part of your faith experience at USD, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
“How we treat the poor is how we treat God.”
-Ronald Rolheiser, OMI