September 19-20, 2014
Sponsored by University Ministry, Student Affairs, USD Alumni Association and Career Services this seminar perfect for anyone:
- Unclear what to do after graduation
- Undecided on whether or not to attend graduate school
- Unsure on how they will find happiness and joy in their new career
- Interested in learning from the experiences of recent USD alumni
- Curious how to find meaningful work, healthy relationships, and life-giving community
- In search of an extraordinary life
Designed to assist USD seniors in preparing for their last year of college as well as the transitions which follow, this retreat will address practical concerns such as finding a job, managing finances, and forming healthy relationships. The gathering will also provide numerous opportunities for participants to reflect on their time at USD, to consider what they have learned about themselves, and to envision the people they would like to become.
The three key themes of the seminar are: meaningful work, healthy relationships, and community. Recent USD graduates will share their experiences around each of these topics and provide wisdom for the road ahead.
To apply please email email@example.com. The retreat cost is $30.00 and payment must be made by September 19th. If you have any questions please contact Aleisha Garrido directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the Senior Seminar, please contact Mark Peters at (619) 260-2265 or email@example.com
What have past participants said about the Senior Seminar experience?
- "Thank you for encouraging me to participate in this extremely beneficial seminar. Like most Seniors, I am experiencing an undue amount of stress as graduation day quickly approaches. But now I am armed with the techniques and mindset that you and your team so effectively spoke about this weekend, I feel a renewed sense of confidence as I continue my job search" -Charlie M. Class of 2014
- "The program surpassed my expectations and allowed me to dive deeper into discovering where my true happiness lies. The quote you repeatedly mentioned has resonated with me, 'The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet.' Your advice to all of us that we must follow our inner happiness and understand where that aligns with the world's needs, is something I will take with me for the rest of my life. I even began to share this way of thinking with my little brother who is contemplating becoming a competitive surfer. I advised him to truly take into account all aspects of his decision, not based on what society tells him, but from his inner being. Thank you for this amazing 24 hour experience!" -Sandrine U. Class of 2014