Artist StatementArt students prepare an artist statement in place of the abstract when submitting the Online Abstract Submission form.
Your artist statement, 150 words or less, should clearly describe your creative work and may also include:
- an explanation of what motivated or inspired you
- what you want the audience to see, experience and/or feel when they view your work
- any interesting aspects of the materials or techniques used
- any other information that will help the audience interpret and appreciate the work you are exhibiting.
- At least one person should be present at all times during the visual arts exhibition's scheduled hour.
- All visual arts will be displayed in the University Center Exhibit Hall.
- Presenters are entirely responsible for the visual arts display setup. The visaul arts exhibition will remain in the University Center Exhibit Hall for from April 18-30 for further viewing by the university community.