The Office of Undergraduate Research may award up to $500 per student to present original research, scholarly, or creative projects at a regional or national conference.
- Must be a full-time USD undergraduate in good academic standing.
- Must be an author, co-author, or presenter at the conference.
- Limit one travel grant per student. Previous recipients are not eligible for a second grant.
How to submit a travel grant request:
Requests are accepted on a rolling basis. As soon as you have received acceptance to the conference, please send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your name, student ID, and major(s)
- Title of the presentation and all co-authors names, ranks (professor, grad student, undergrad) and departments. If applicable, include the abstract, paper, poster, or any other presentation materials that were reviewed and accepted.
- Formal notification of acceptance to the conference
- An itemized budget sheet including costs of registration, travel, and lodging. (Note that the office will not pay for meal expenses). Please also include a list of other sources and amounts of other travel funds that are available to you (e.g., student travel fellowships provided by the association or conference, professor's grant funding, CUR travel grant, university funds).
- A one-page description of how attending this conference will enhance your professional and academic career