The Office of University Design has the following responsibilities with respect to the architecture and interior design of the campus:
- Determining design and furnishings for the following areas:
- Instructional and instruction-related facilities
- Student life facilities
- Common public areas (halls, reception areas, restrooms, etc.)
- Administrative public areas
- Areas specifically designated by the President
- Coordinating with Facilities Management on design and furnishings of all new and existing buildings, including renovations and aesthetic building maintenance.
- Coordinating with vice presidents, deans, directors, and building managers regarding renovations and furnishings to their given areas.
- Coordinating with Procurement Services and outside vendors for all furniture requests.
- Coordinating with University Relations and Facilities Management all donor recognition signage and images.
- Overseeing and enforcing the university's signage protocols and standards.
- Developing room policies for use of specific areas on campus as designated by the President.