By following this step-by-step checklist and checking your USD email account regularly, you will stay well-informed and prepared to attend USD!
New Transfer Student Checklist
1. Confirm your enrollment.
To confirm your place in next year's class, log on to the MySanDiego Portal (my.sandiego.edu) to submit an electronic check within three weeks of your acceptance. Please note your enrollment deposit is non-refundable one month after the deposit deadline.
- If you would like to be considered for on-campus housing, the enrollment deposit required is $500.
- If you will be living off campus, the enrollment deposit required is $300.
2. Create your USD email account.
- Create your account by visiting the MySanDiego Portal (my.sandiego.edu) and clicking on "Register for an account," and following the step-by-step instructions. Be sure to check your USD email account regularly for important updates and information.
3. Complete the Transfer Student Questionnaire.
- This brief questionnaire will allow you to submit your intended major, preferred contact information, and required health screening information.
- The link to the Transfer Student Questionnaire can be found on the MySanDiego Portal (my.sandiego.edu).
4. Explore the MySanDiego Portal.
- The MySanDiego Portal (my.sandiego.edu) contains up-to-date personalized information, as well as campus resources and key office contact information.
- If you are interested in living on campus, review transfer housing options and complete the online Housing Application (available in May).
- Review and accept your Financial Aid Award, if applicable.
- Questions regarding your financial aid and student account can be directed to the One Stop Student Center at (619) 260-2700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Send in your final transcripts.
- Submit a copy of your official transcripts reflecting your final spring grades.
- Transcripts already received by USD are currently being evaluated*. This process typically takes 2-3 weeks to complete.
- *USD only evaluates transcripts of deposited students. Once your transcripts have been evaluated, you will be able to view transferred courses in the USD degree audit reporting systems (u.achieve) which can be accessed in the MySanDiego Portal under the My Academics tab.
Course Registration Process
New transfer students will learn more about the course registration process once they complete the Transfer Student Questionnaire and submit required immunization forms to the Student Health Center. Continue checking your USD email account to stay on top of these requirements!
For questions regarding this checklist, please email email@example.com.