Top 5 Things Students Can Do to
Prepare for Their Future Careers
- Research the careers that interest you as early as possible in your college career. Learn about the work being done by professionals in your field – their responsibilities, skills, credentials, and places of employment.
- Gain relevant work, internship, volunteer, and leadership experience during your college years.
- Network with professionals in your career area(s) of interest through involvement in professional organizations, the USD Student-Alumni Association, and Linkedin.
- Actively participate in departmental and campus-wide career events, speaker series, information sessions, and internship/career fairs.
- Visit the Career Services website for information and videos on resumes, cover letters, internship/job search, interviewing, professional dress and etiquette, and much more.
Have questions? Career Services is available to assist you!
E-mail questions to email@example.com and make sure to include “Blog Question” in the subject line. Questions are then answered at the USDCareerBlog.
For quick questions and resume reviews, visit Career Services in Hughes Center, Room 110 during drop-in hours Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. – 3 p.m.
You can also schedule an appointment by calling Career Services at (619) 260-4654. Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.