Employee of the Year
Award Description (En Espanol)
The Thomas F. Burke Employee of the Year Award is awarded to Student Affairs employees who exemplify the traits and values instilled upon the Division of Student Affairs during Tom Burke's 28 years of leadership: character, sense of humor, common sense, honesty, "others" centered, respectful, focused on employee and student development, competent, consistently supportive of the University's Catholic tradition, helped students and employees to fulfill the potential within themselves, and the gift of love to others.
1. The award will be given annually to one staff member and one administrator.
2. Nominations will include information regarding the employee's work performance as well as how the employee exemplifies the traits and values exhibited by Mr. Burke during his tenure at the University of San Diego as Vice President for Student Affairs.
3. Nominees must be employed within the division of Student Affairs for a minimum of two years and be benefits-based. Nominations are open to both full- and part-time employees.
4. Each nominee's supervisor will be contacted before the committee deliberates to assure the employee is in good standing.
5. A nomination form is available online and hard copies are also available upon request. Contact the Student Affairs office in Hahn UC 232. The nomination, not to exceed one page, must be submitted by the May 10, 2013 in order to be considered.
6. An employee may be considered each year for the award, regardless of prior nomination and/or receipt of the award.
7. The recipient will be awarded: a personal plaque recognizing his/her accomplishments, the employee's name placed on a perpetual plaque in the University Center, a $250 cash prize (subject to applicable tax deductions) and a day off with pay (to be taken within a month of receipt of award).
8. Congratulatory letters will be sent to all finalists.
Recipients will be announced at the Student Affairs Divisional Meeting to be held on June 5, 2013.
Thomas F. Burke Employee of the Year Award Winners:
|11-12||Christopher Burden & Jacquelynn Morganson|
|10-11||Liberty Hebron & Nicki Schuessler|
|09-10||Mariann Sanchez & Stephanie Bernasconi|
|08-09||Sandy Bunton & Moises Baron|
|07-08||Emily Dally & Jason Schreiber|
|06-07||Maria Perry & Tonis Manriquez|
|05-06||Barbara Baurmann & Elaine Elliott|
|04-05||Kara Weller & Carolyn Greer|
Student Affairs Powerful Partnership Award
Powerful Partnerships Student Affairs is excited to announce the "Powerful Partnership" award. This award is designed to recognize departments or offices that have worked with the Student Affairs Division to enhance the integrated learning educational experience opportunities on campus.
A nomination form is available online and hard copies are also available upon request. Contact the Student Affairs office in Hahn UC 232. The nomination, not to exceed one page, must be submitted by the May 10, 2013 in order to be considered.
The recipient will be announced at the Student Affairs Divisional Meeting to be held on June 5, 2013 in Hahn UC Forum C.
Student Affairs Powerful Partnership Award Winners:
|2012||Living Learning Communities|
|2011||Student Affairs/School of Leadership and Education Students Collaborative|
|2010||International Center Second Year Experience Study Abroad Program|
|2009||Office of University Design and Facilities Management|
|2008||Sustainability Task Force|
|2007||Faculty and Curriculum Development Program|
|2006||College of Arts and Sciences/First Year Experience|
What do you think of this program? We welcome your thoughts and suggestions - please email the committee.