Emerging Leaders is taught in small inclusive environment with no more than 15 students per section. The courses are co-facilitated by a Student Affairs professional or doctoral student and an undergraduate student leader.
This course is designed to acquaint entering freshmen with 21st-century models of leadership, and to expose them to the multiple opportunities for active participation in leadership at USD. Through readings, class presentations, experiential exercises, journal reflections, and small group discussion, students will be challenged to map their path of initial leadership development at USD.
Through this course students will:
- Learn about leadership concepts and theories and be able to apply these concepts and theories to their lives.
- Engage in critical thinking about leadership through assignments, activities, and discussions.
- Explore what it means to create a diverse and inclusive community.
- Learn how to be an effective group member by engaging in small group learning communities.
- Learn about involvement opportunities and resources at USD.
- Develop significant relationships with peers and facilitators.
If you would like to join the Spring 2014 class of Emerging Leaders, register for LEAD 150 today on your MySanDiego Portal!
If you are interested in learning more about the Emerging Leaders course, contact the Student Leadership and Involvement Center 619-260-4802 or Mandy Womack at firstname.lastname@example.org.