- USD will become a more culturally diverse and culturally competent community through recruitment at all levels, deepening transborder and international educational partnerships, and involving students and faculty in international learning experiences.
- USD will provide integrated learning experiences across educational contexts and contribute to the scholarly research on ethics to develop intentionally the leadership capacities of all students.
- USD will be a powerful advocate for social justice and human rights through the establishment of the Joan B. Kroc School of Peace Studies and the recruitment of international scholars and peace practitioners.
- USD gives a privileged place to the liberal arts and sciences in its undergraduate curriculum and in its influence on graduate and professional programs.
- USD will substantially increase its endowments, strengthen fiscal viability, and forge stronger relations with alumni and friends by developing a stronger and clearer institutional identity regionally and nationally.
Approved by the Board of Trustees on Friday, April 30, 2004.