Sustainability is a new initiative for 2007-08, now in the process of defining success and taking inventory of USD's current sustainability efforts.
- Inventory educational, research operations, facilities initiatives, and service learning experiences currently in place at USD that support sustainability and/or climate change programs.
- Survey best practices at other universities.
- Develop a strategic plan by March 2008 that will encompass the elements of:
- education (e.g., curricular transformation, particularly through cross-listed and interdisciplinary courses; community service learning; outreach programs, lectures, and seminars; etc.)
- research (e.g., disciplinary and/or cross disciplinary projects and programs, connections to international, national, and local projects and initiatives)
- service (e.g., campus-based organizations)
- operations (e.g., facilities planning, physical plant management, procurement, energy conservation strategies, campus transportation, etc.)
|Michel Boudrias (chair)||Professor: Marine Science and Environmental Sciences|
|Andrew Gorrell (vice chair)||Undergraduate: Associated Students Director for Sustainability|
|Scott Anders||Director of EPIC: School of Law|
|Dawn Anderson||Director: Procurement Service & Print Shop|
|Sandy Ciallella||Assistant Vice President: Development|
|Todd Headden||JD Student: School of Law|
|Roy Heynderickx||Vice President: Finance and Administration|
|Dayanne Izmirian||Assistant Dean: Residence Life|
|Cel Johnson||Executive Director: Institutional Research and Planning|
|Michael Lovette-Colyer||Director: University Ministry|
|André Mallié||Executive Director: Auxiliary Services|
|Roger Manion||Assistant Vice President: Facilities Management|
|Lindsey McDougle||Graduate Student: School of Leadership and Education Sciences|
|Andrew Narwold||Professor: School of Business Administration|
|Mary Whelan '86||Director: University Design|
|Greg Zackowski '84,'86||Executive Director: University Center Operations|